Monday, June 7, 2010

Studio Visit Magazine

Well... I got into a thing called Studio Visit magazine a while back. It's published by the same folks who put out New American Paintings. But New American Paintings it ain't. I wasn't sure whether to enter or not. It's a money making endeavor and the deal is this: enter for free, if the work gets in, you pay a publishing fee. I think it was a couple hundred. At the time I felt I could afford to take the chance... and hell, it was write-off.
Well the book is finally coming out and they've got a page up with links to all the artists websites. I haven't looked through everyone yet but so far the difference in quality between this publication and the aforementioned New American Painting is pretty significant.
Oh well. Live and learn. I'll post images of the book when I get my copy.

No comments: