Thursday, October 3, 2013

2 days in

I arrived at Playa on Monday evening. Got up Tuesday and started working. I'm starting with a series of small fire paintings and to accompany them a series depicting objects or animals lit from below possibly by fire but not necessarily. I've also stretched a large canvas that will be about 4 feet by 9 when finished. Hopefully this will be a kind of anchor piece for the rest of the work; another night scene no doubt but nothing definitive yet. That comes out in the act of painting. Every time I think I know exactly what I want to paint it ends being something else. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting loads of work done over the next 4 and half weeks. I'll post occasional pieces plus a few photos from this stunning part of the world. Then I'll post all the final work when I get back.




Oh, and here's the view from my cabin:


No comments: