Thursday, February 26, 2015

A visit from paintings past

I recently received emails from a couple of people who purchased paintings of mine back in the late 1990s. My work has changed a lot since then. I was still new to painting but I rather like these still. It's always nice to see where they end up and know that they have happy homes!


"Psychodrama"  oil on board  32" x 48"  1997


"My Geppetto" oil on board  48" x 64"  1998


"The Colonade" oil on board  32" x 48"
Some people think you should never show old work. After all someone may like it better than yout new stuff and want you to do that again. Well, I can't go back and I won't paint like this any time in the future. But I always enjoy seeing other artists' older work. It gives you an idea of where they came from, what they worked through to get where they are. So there.

Anyway, thanks to the owners for sharing!

1 comment:

cile said...

So good to see these again.