Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Diptychs

The more I work on these small studies for my ongoing project about mankind's deep relationship with fire and the impacts of fossil fuels (a god in the hearth) the more I'm convinced I will eventually present them in this kind of format, framed together in pairs or diptychs (or possibly occasionally in threes, triptychs). There will be a lot of material to mix and match by the time I'm done.
I put these together for a residency application this week, which includes a few new pieces I haven't posted before.

Fire study #10 and Engine study #2, oil on paper, 12" x 16" each

Firewood study #2 and Clearcut study #1, oil on paper, 12" x 16" each

Firewood study #4 and Coal study #1, oil on paper, 12" x 16" each

Fire study #19 and Engine Study #5

No comments: