Thursday, December 16, 2010

New Paintings

I just got slides back the other day from Jake over at Blue Moon. Thanks again!
So without further ado...
(click on the images to view them a good deal bigger!)























"Underworld"  oil on canvas  2010
It started off with a fox but I just couldn't get it to look right. So then I decided it didn't really need a character at all. And then late at night I changed my mind again and added the bunny. Okay, rabbit. But bunny is funnier. Anyway I like it. It make me laugh.
























"Prelude no. 2"
at least that's the title for now, in reference to "Prelude to an Encounter" which would be no. 1
This one is very simple but I'm proud of it. At least for now. My opinion of my own work is as variable as the weather.
























"Map"
I stole both the concept and title for this piece from this very different image by Nick Sheehy (aka Showchicken). You can see his work on his Flickr page.






































Currently untitled
A cedar tree. "Cedar"?  "Barrier"?  "Between"?  I don't know.
























"Rehearsal"
The slide on this one had a lot of glare on it. I was able to fix it up pretty good in Photoshop but Jake's going to reshoot it anyway. This is only my second theater/public space painting of which I hope to do many more.

No comments: