Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Acts

With only a month before my big show in April I'm starting a new painting. I had done 2 theater pieces earlier (see below) that I was quite happy with but I really felt the need for one more. Here's the initial sketch roughed out on the canvas last night. I'm tentatively calling it "3 acts". It may be hard to see but there will be three small chairs on the stage (click on the image to view it larger). Of course everything could change. I just hope I can get it, and the 3 or 4 other paintings I have in progress, done in time. There's nothing like deadlines.


"Performance"  oil on canvas  43"w x 33"h

"Rehearsal"  oil on canvas  36"w x 45"h

2 comments:

Cile said...

Love the theater pieces, David.

Caroline Peña Bray said...

I love these theatre pieces too, glad to see you're doing another one! You always manage to nail the theatrical lighting. Looking forward to seeing this one finished.