Monday, July 18, 2011

Blue Canvas event

I've got to say that the Blue Canvas event down in LA was pretty crazy. It was quite a crowd. I guess I'll never know how many bigshots scanned my work oh so briefly with their critical eye before moving imperiously on to other things. The whole thing was downtown for the Thursday artwalk. There was a gallery with some really amazing work on the first floor, plus DJs and art cars in the hallway. Then upstairs some live painting under spotlights and bars waiting for the after hours party which apparently went until the wee hours of the morning. I lasted about one hour. But still. Quite the event. And I must say the magazine really looks great and features some very fine work. I'm not sure what I expected exactly but it really is an impressive publication.
You can check it out here: http://www.bluecanvas.com/magazine/current-issue
The blue canvas website will probably be posting some photos and/or video of the event. I'll link to those when they do.

No comments: