Thursday, January 8, 2015

A Busy New Year

2015 has started off fairly busily.
My painting "Truffula Seed" comes down this week from Art Convergence 2014
at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center in Washington.

Coming up I'll have two pieces ("Under The Bridge" and "Hovel") on display at
The Idea Museum, in Mesa AZ.
from February 13 to May 24, 2015
for their special exhibit "Build It".
They contacted me out of the blue as they say, which was very flattering.

Also my big piece, "Burn" will be on display at
The West Coast Biennial of the Turtle Bay Exploration Park in Redding CA
from January 30 to May 3, 2015

"Burn (cascade creek fire, Mt. Adams WA 2012)  48" x 114"  2013

In February I'll be heading out to Boardman Oregon for a tour of the coal fired power plant there, the last of its kind in the state. I'll collect reference material for another large painting on the scale of "Burn" as part of my ongoing visual essay on the deep connections between human beings and fire and its impact on the environment.

No comments: